3rd Lymm Scouts has been going since 11th January 1945 - that's over 70 years ago !!.
1st and 2nd Lymm both floundered after the war due to lack of leaders returning, thus the reason that Lymm only has a 3rd and 4th Lymm Scout group.
Scouts originally met above the Lymm hardware store ( above Fusian Restaurant ), but this ended when the building was set alight ( not by the scouts !!! )
They also occupied a wooden building (see photos below) purchased by the group from RAF Birchwood, and moved to the May Queen field ( where the Peppers are now ).
From the 70s, they occupied the old Ravenbank school kitchens that were located at our current site off Pepper Street ( middle picture )
After 40+ years of fundraising, the purchase of the land from Cheshire County council in 1995 and a lot of hard work, the new purpose built building was completed in September 2014.
Photos from the past showing the changes in 3rd Lymm scouts over the years